When endurance horses sweat, they lose significant amounts of essential electrolytes, and during long rides, calcium and magnesium. When these essential nutrients are lost, acute deficiencies may occur and result in such conditions as Thumps and Tying-Up.
Enduramax contains sodium and chloride to help maintain normal electrolyte balance in body tissues and aid recovery. Potassium, magnesium and calcium are also included in balance to assist in maintaining cellular integrity and healthy nerve, muscle and cardiac function. Enduramax is essential to assist in supporting elite equine athletes.
- Daily electrolyte and salt replacer
- To assist in the re-hydration of hardworking horses
- As a supplement prior to, during and after endurance rides
AVAILABLE PACK SIZES:
2kg (33 standard doses*)
15kg (250 standard doses*)
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Enduramax should be fed to endurance horses during competitive rides, hard training and recovery.
Adjust the amount fed depending on the level of exercise and environmental conditions such as humidity. The following recommendations are for a horse with a mature body weight of 450kg and should be adjusted accordingly.
30 - 60g*: 1 scoop = 30g
- prior to extended travel to ride base
- night before commencement of the ride
- prior to commencement of the ride (especially in hot humid conditions)
- in each feed for 3 - 4 days following the completion of a ride
30 - 90g: 1 scoop = 30g
- at each vet check or approx. every 2 hours during the ride
- after completion of the ride
Enduramax should be mixed well with feed or administered orally by syringe. Make a paste of 30-60g. Enduramax is also available in a convenient paste form as Enduramax Plus Buffered Oral Electrolyte Paste for use during rides.
A veterinarian should be consulted before giving electrolytes to a horse which is not willing to freely drink water.